Friday, September 24

The power of the spirit on a really large scale.

When it comes to experiencing God, there are different paths to different facets, but the power of God is really felt in Corporate worship, and for me the bigger the better. It's very rare that I'm going to sense the overwhelling presence of the Holy Spirit on my own, or in small group, and is never been the case that the presense was so strong that I couldn't sing or talk or hardly think. But that's what I felt tonight at Promise Keepers

Newsboys were awesome, especially as I've heard many of their songs on the The Light. Now I’ve got and a face to go with the music.

Then Erwin McManus came on and talked. I’ve seen him in videos before, and he has a great story to tell, and we all got to hear more of it before. His new message is cultivating three key attributes in Christians: integrity, generosity and wisdom. We’re going to be spending all day tommorrow digging down into this.

Finally, Joe White brought the message that each of us has to be 100% committed to Christ in our heart. We can’t hold on to anything and be what God wants us today. Hundreds if not thousands came down and gave up their hidden sins, committing to be 100% for Christ.

Its been a great experience so far, and I’m hoping for more tommorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home