Sunday, July 11

All I need

I was reading the comments on Justin's site where he regularly has a healthy ongoing discussion about various topics, and in one of the discussions someone pointed out:
I already have all I need--I have Jesus.
I think part of living a true christian life is competely internalizing that and believing it. I don't need anything more from God, I already have Jesus. So often I find myself thinking, "I need a new car," or "I need to make more money," or just, "I need a snack." But I don't really need those things. I may want many things in my lifetime, but Jesus is all I need.

Now I may ask for other things, and hopefully, most of what I am asking for is to glorify God. And I'm sure I'll end up with plenty of other stuff in my job to help God reach out and connect with others. But as to my own needs, those are covered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home